Thursday, November 13, 2008

The Power Of Inspiration!

My Childhood, wouldn't necessarily be labeled as a normal one. I did have a loving and caring family at home, but I also had my church "family". Being raised in the "family" of over 600 was an intense thing to try to comprehend at this young age. But now, it has inspired me to become a Sunday School teacher so that I will become a part of inspiring the next generation of children in this church "family"

Alongside this "family" of 600 is who one could call the father of the house, Rev. Gary Smith and his wife, Linda Smith. While watching in the background as Linda and Gary go on multiple mission trips over the summer to places like West Virginia and Ecuador with dozens of volunteer youth from our church along for the ride; I just couldn't wait for my tern to come. And it did, that day finally came, but without the love and support from Gary and Linda I would have never been inspired to be a part of this mission work.

In every child's life there will hopefully be just one of "those" teachers. The one that moves their students to thrive on the knowledge that they will gain not only out of their classroom, but also out of life. I have found this teacher. In his own weird, and very negative way, he has inspired me to do my best and get my work done (although not often on time.) He has made me a better writer, a better speaker, a better thinker, and even a better person. Someday, I hope to thank him for all that he has done for me. To let him know that he helped me to get over the speed bump in my life and has inspired me to move forward.

I don't know where this world would be without the people who give out their time and their knowledge for the well being of others. Everyone has somehow been inspired to be where they are today and has been motivated to spread that inspiration.

I believe in the power of inspiration. That hopefully sometime in every ones lifetime they will be in the presence of someone that can truly inspire them to do great, be great, and someday have the power to inspire others in the same way that they were. With inspiration come responsibility and the motivation to reach their full potential in life. Over the course of my lifetime i have been inspired by a number of people. I consider myself to be very lucky to have such great role models in my life who have help me to become who I am today.

No comments: