Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Oh Snap...I'm a Star

Yesterday after class I stayed and talked to Mr. Miller for a while. The topic came up of posting comments on our blogs, so I asked him why he never comments my blog. He claims he does, but he doesn't. After listening to him bicker for a while, I convinced him that I was right.

Today when I logged onto Blogger, I noticed I had a new comment. I was assuming it was from Mr. Miller. I was excited to read what it would say because I was expecting a "happy meg? i commented your blog entry" or "comment". But it turns out that it wasn't him at all. It was "Ryan", it took me a little while but when i clicked on the link he sent me i figured it out. It was Ryan McKeen, the author of A Connecticut Law Blog.

My first attempt to show my teacher I was mentioned in a blog was a failure, so a minute later I decided to just to shout out; "Miller! my blog was mentioned in A Connecticut Law Blog!" You could say that got his attention.

The blog entry I was mentioned in was him discussing the blogs and articles he has been reading, and mine was one of the six. How cool is that? I am defiantly smelling some extra credit. So thanks Ryan, it was greatly appreciated.

1 comment:

Miller said...

Meg, that's great and I'm glad you got some props. Don't let it end here.

Keep up your involvement. Find some blogs that discuss issues you feel strongly about - maybe on Ryan's law blog or maybe somewhere else - and get involved in the conversation. Post a comment to an intriguing question. Write a blog entry responding to issues raised in other places. Include links to other people's ideas.

In other words, keep reading and writing about your reading and learning.